Obagi® Skin Care in South Jersey
Obagi® Skin Care is a prescription-strength formula that offers real results. Not only will your skin look great, but it will also be better protected against the damaging effects of environmental toxins, aging, and sun exposure. Dr. Mohit Sood is a renowned board certified South Jersey plastic and reconstructive surgeon who advises his patients to use Obagi® Skin Care to improve the condition of their skin.
Formulated in 1988 by leading skin care experts, the Obagi® Nu-Derm System has continued to increase in popularity over the years. The company changed its name officially in 1997 to Obagi® Medical Products Inc.
Obagi® Medical Products Inc. is known for the development of skin health products and systems that are clinically proven for use in plastic surgery, dermatology, and related fields. Obagi® products are effective largely due to their Penetrating Therapeutics technology. The skin has an outer barrier that prevents many therapeutic agents from reaching deeper skin layers. This technology is formulated to improve skin penetration of prescription and cosmetic agents to help minimize the appearance of the following:
- The signs and symptoms of rosacea
- Sun damage
- Acne-related skin damage
- Skin damage
- Premature skin aging
Obagi® products and systems are only available by prescription, so only physicians who are mainly plastic surgeons, dermatologists, or those who work in skin care facilities or medicals spas can provide them.
Obagi® Skin Care Benefits
Obagi® skin care products can help restore a person’s skin through the stimulation of new and healthier skin cells and by minimizing the effects of aging and the environment.
Obagi® products help enhance the appearance of the skin by:
- Minimizing wrinkles through enhanced skin cell production
- Developing smoother skin using fresh skin cells
- Boosting resistance to harmful sunlight
- Minimizing age spots and freckles
- Preventing irregular skin pigmentation
- Improving skin tone
- Improving skin cell structure
- Raising levels of collagen and elastin in the skin
- Boosting skin circulation of nutrients and natural hydration
- Obagi® Nu-Derm Foam Gel – A cleansing wash suitable for all skin types.
- Obagi® Nu-Derm Toner – A hydrating facial toner.
- Obagi® Nu-Derm Exfoderm Forte – An exfoliating treatment for younger-looking skin.
- Obagi® Nu-Derm Blender – Lotion that promotes even skin color at the cellular level.
- Obagi® Nu-Derm Clear – Provides a more even skin tone by correcting the appearance of age and sun spots.
- ELASTIderm™ Eye Cream – Minimizes signs of aging around the eyes.
- Professional-C™ Serum 15% – A concentrated anti-aging serum suitable for all skin types.
- Professional-C™ Peptide Complex – Serum that minimizes dark circles and crow’s feet.
- Professional-C™ Eye Brightener – Strengthens the delicate skin around your eyes.
- Sun Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50 – High UVA/UVB protection for all skin types.
- Blue Peel RADIANCE™ – Chemical peel to treat facial lines, blemishes, and scars.
- Tretinoin 0.05% – A topical treatment for Acne.
How much do Obagi® Skin Care products cost?
The Sood Center offers skin care products that are formulated to enhance the health and appearance of our patient’s skin. We frequently recommend these products to those who seek quality skin care or require healing from other treatments.
The product cost will vary, depending upon the individual needs of each patient and their skin type. Because insurance companies normally consider these products to be elective, they do not provide coverage for their cost. We are happy to offer financing options through CareCredit® to enable our patients to afford these products. You may also pay using major credit cards, cash, or personal check.
Dr. Sood takes pride in offering Obagi® Skin Care products to his South Jersey patients to help foster and maintain younger, healthy and glowing skin. For more information on which Obagi® Skin Care products are right for you, please contact us to schedule your personal consultation today.