It’s not uncommon for a person to find that as they age, their body may become slightly disproportionate and that they have an excess of fat that creates problem areas. Thanks to board-certified Hamilton Township plastic and reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Mohit Sood, you don’t have to worry about these unwanted changes in your body. He can help eliminate those problem areas with liposuction.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is the removal of excess fat from the body via suction. While the most common areas treated are the thighs, buttocks, upper arms and abdomen, liposuction can be applied to any area of the body. Since liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure, you can easily combine it with other cosmetic procedures, such as a tummy tuck.
The Benefits of Liposuction
Choosing to have liposuction can dramatically change the way your body looks. You can create the look of a youthful body that retains a toned and evenly contoured shape.
How Is Liposuction Performed?
The basics of liposuction include the following stages:
- Using local anesthesia to numb the treatment area.
- Creating a calculated series of incisions to the area.
- Insertion of a cannula (thin tube) under the skin.
- Using vacuum suction to remove fat cells.
- Proper, cosmetically-pleasing closure of the incisions.